CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Update!

Alyssa's birthday was last weekend and it was so much fun! Who knew a 1 year old's birthday party would turn out so great? I bought a small ball pit for the event and the kids loved it! It is a good investment for her play room and such an item that will grow with her (as long as it stands up the torture... at least it's cheap enough to buy a new one if it springs a leak!) We had all of our family and friends there which made the day so great. Sad thing is that I was so preoccupied with keeping the kids happy, and making sure things were done that I forgot to take pictures. What?! Yes. BUT. My mom snapped a few great ones and took video, so at least we have those. I will post those soon, but right now they are on her camera.

Anyways, I did take pictures yesterday. It is starting to get WAY hot in Sacramento. We're talking in the 100's; so I bought a blow up mini pool yesterday while Alyssa was down for her nap. When she woke up, I put her in her suit and brought her outside. At first the water was way too cold and she just sat there... so we took her out and I put in a few buckets of warm water. After taking care of the water issue, we took her back out and she had so much fun!! At first she just sat there, splashing a little bit... then she started splashing a lot and crawling around and splashing... so adorable! I'm glad she loves water. This summer I am thinking of putting her in the infant swim lessons... the one that basically just teaches them how to float if they fall in. This is a major MUST for us since Lance's dad has a pool that is not fenced.

Other than that, not much has been happening with us. Before the party though, we finished the house in a matter of a day and a half. A seriously major event for us... and one that exhausted us till no end. But now Alyssa's play room is done. It is great having it. I bought a baby gate for one entrance to the room and put her super yard on the other entrance to keep her confined. I took photos yesterday and will post them tonight when I get the chance. I also took photos of our house to show as well. I am proud of the work we have done to make the house our home. Now the next step is purchasing wall art and different items to really give it character and to really make it us. I am going to buy some prints off of threadless soon as well...

Ok. Enough of this boring post!

0 comments: